We have a small number of staff at Impact Comics and new positions don’t become available very often. When we do hire new staff, there are two different ways staff positions become available.
1. Planned positions.
When we plan to expand staff numbers or replace a leaving staff member we will advertise the position with full application details. We sometimes vary where we advertise the position, but our Facebook page is a good place to keep an eye on.
2. Unplanned positions.
Life can throw unexpected things at you. Occasionally our staff get called away to save the day somewhere else, leaving a hole in our roster. When this happens and we need new staff at short notice we refer to the recent applications that have been handed in.
What we look for:
- An interest in some comics and a desire to learn more.
- Over 18 years old.
- Retail experience (including cash handling, eftpos machine use, and face to face customer service.)
- Available to work evenings, weekends and public holidays.
- Available for at least 15 hours a week.
- Good telephone and email communication skills.
If this sounds like you and you’d like to apply for a short notice position – come into the shop on any day other than Friday and ask to speak to one of the managers. Bring a copy of your resume including your availability and relevant skills. Please remember that we’ll only review the most recent applications when a position becomes available.