- This event has passed.
Stay Home Comic Book Day
2 May @ 09:00 - 17:00
Free Comic Book Day has been postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
But that isn’t going to stop us having some fun. And you don’t need to leave the comfort of your home!
Sales & Freebies
You don’t need to leave the house, our website will come to you.. wait, you know that, this is the website (the online shop is here)
Then your orders will be picked and packed by expert imps and shipped directly to you!
We’ll have sales and freebies that will be announced throughout the day, so get ready!
We’ll be making live announcements on the day on our Facebook page
Shop for anything on our online shop and use SHCBD20 coupon for 20% off any full priced item!
Get on the phone to us and we can hook you up with Funko Pops and statues for 20% off too!
Every mail order box will have free stuff thrown in, maybe old comics, maybe a T-Shirt… maybe something else! You’ll get a surprise when your order arrives!
Impact Comics Stay Home Comic Book Day
You don’t need to leave home, you don’t even need to wait until Saturday! Our good friends at GammaCon will be judging your cosplay from videos you post to social media this week!
- Under 16
- 16 & over
- There will be a winner and a runner-up chosen for each category (more details TBA)
- Winners will be announced on the Impact Comics Facebook live stream on May 2.
- At least 50 percent of the cosplay must be made by you.
- Competition is open to anyone in Australia.
- Entries open 9am 27 April 2020 and close 5pm Friday 1 May 2020
How to enter
- Make a video modelling your cosplay. In the Video:
• Say that your cosplay is for the: “Impact Comics Stay Home Comic Book Day Cosplay Competition.”
• Make sure to mention the category you want to enter in the description or in the video.
• Mention who you are cosplaying as
• Describe how you made your cosplay, show any details you feel are important
• You will not be judged on the quality of your video. The important thing is your video clearly presents your cosplay. Consider things like lighting and focusing, especially is showing details in your costume.
- Post your video on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and tag in Impact Comics and GAMMA.CON
• Instagram @impactcomics and @gammacon
• Twitter @impactcomics and @gammacon
• Facebook: @impactcomicscanberra @gammacon
- Use the hashtag: #shcbdcosplay
Feel free to also include other optional hashtags: #shcbd #comicbook #comicbookday #impactcomics #gammacon #wearecanberra
- Direct Message GAMMA.CON a direct link to your video Make sure your video is publicly viewable