The crew of the Serenity fly again in November, exclusively in monthly comics starting on Friday 16th of November 2018, and now is the time to lock in your orders so you don’t miss a single moment!
If you’re a serious Firefly fan you’ve already been collecting the previous Firefly comics that were released through Dark Horse comics.
This is the start of a whole new era as the Firefly ‘verse moves to its new home at publisher BOOM! Studios. The story kicks off with a way back prequel telling the details of how Mal and Zoe first met.
BOOM! Studios and visionary writer and director Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer, The Avengers), present an all-new era of the pop culture phenomenon Firefly.
One of the most demanded stories in the franchise’s history is revealed for the first time this November, exclusively in comics.
What’s the story?
Captain Mal Reynolds, a defeated soldier who opposed the unification of the planets by the totalitarian governed Alliance, will undertake any job (legal or not) to stay afloat and keep his crew fed.
Find out how this story really began as BOOM! Studios delves into Mal’s past, how he met his first mate Zoe and the real truth about the War of Unification – the intergalactic civil war that divided friend and family alike.
Focusing on family, loyalty, identity, and the price of redemption, writer Greg Pak (Planet Hulk) and artist Dan McDaid (Judge Dredd: Mega City Zero) take you back to the battleground where Mal’s journey began.
You need a standing order
This is a new monthly comics series, there will be a new 22 page pamphlet style comic released each month starting from Friday 16th of November. To read the whole story and not miss a moment you need to get each monthly issue.
Don’t run the risk of missing an issue, set up a standing order right now.
We order comics months in advance and they take time to print and ship to us, if you just drop in on new release day on a whim to grab a hot new title like FIREFLY you might find everyone else has beaten you to it!
We’ll be ordering HEAPS of copies of Firefly, but they will always end up selling out!
Don’t risk it, have us reserve a copy of every new issue for you so you don’t miss out. We put them aside for you to drop in and pick up any time within a month of release, and we also knock 10% off the price for pre-ordering!
Each issue will be $7.90 on the shelf, but only $7.11 for those who have a standing order!
It’s a no brainer.
Do you want all the art?
Comics are a unique way to tell a story. They are stories, and pictures, they are fragile, disposable ephemera, but they are potentially rare collectables. If you want to get serious BOOM! Studios are keen to help you.
Each issue of Firefly will be available with a range of covers.
We do not do standing orders for limited variant comics, they must each be ordered like one off items and sometimes require deposits.
So far we have confirmed the following for issue #1 in November…
- Main cover by Lee Garbett – this is the one that will be available everywhere, this is the one that might be available on the shelf or used to fill late orders.
- Pre-order variant by Joe Quinones – this is the cover we’ll exclusively hold for those who order there comics by the end of September.
- Blank variant – this is a version of the cover with blank un-coated paper for you to get an original cover created by your favourite artists at a convention (or make one yourself) You can order these, but we won’t get many for the shelf.
- 1:15 variant cover by J. G. Jones – this one is limited by how many copies of the regular covers we order, and will be priced accordingly (you can order this but be prepared for a slightly premium price)
- 1:25 QMX Map wraparound variant cover – this one is more limited by how many copies of the regular covers we order, and will be priced accordingly (you’ll need to order this, be prepared for a premium price)
- 1:50 variant line art cover by Lee Garbett – this one is even more limited by how many copies of the regular covers we order, and will be priced accordingly (you’ll need to order this, be prepared for a premium price)
- 1:100 variant cover by Bill Sienkiewicz – getting serious now! You get the picture by now, we need to sell 100 regular copies just to get one of these, it will be priced to make sure it goes to a collector and not someone just looking to flip it. (you’ll need to order this, ask us about the price and required deposit)
- 1:200 variant by Bill Sienkiewicz, signed by Joss Whedon – This is for the serious collector, pre-order with a deposit is a must for this. Let us know and we’ll get you a price.
Check out below for a sneaky way to get a bunch of these at once and more exclusives not listed here!
Did you arrive late?
Are you a Firefly fan, but you’ve not read any of the previous Firefly comics published by Dark Horse? No problem.
While Dark Horse no longer have the rights to keep those older stories in print, BOOM! are planning on looking after you too!
Firefly Legacy Edition
Written by Joss Whedon, Zack Whedon, Patton Oswalt, Brett Matthews and Jim Krueger
With art by Will Conrad, Chris Samnee and Nimit Malavia
Collects all the comics previously published by Dark Horse comics into a single volume.
Serenity: Those Left Behind #1-3
This is the first story that links the Firefly TV series to the Serenity movie. If you felt like there were some odd gaps there, this is the story for you.
Serenity: Better Days #1-3
This one is also between the series and the movie, but is an old school heist adventure, this is one for fans of action.
Serenity: The Shepherd’s Tale original graphic novel.
Get (some) of the lowdown on the mysterious Shepherd Book. This story starts during the time of the Serenity movie, but also touches on Book’s early life. Get to know the fan favourite.
But wait, there’s more!
To really kick this off, help you catch up and fulfil that collector’s itch, BOOM! studios have created the limited edition…
Firefly Big Damn Heroes Box Set
Saddle up, Browncoats! Stick it to the Alliance by picking up the BIG DAMN HEROES BOX SET, packed with Firefly essentials to tide you over for the long haul through the ‘Verse.
Included in the box:
- All of the original, unsigned FIREFLY #1 covers from artists Lee Garbett, Joe Quinones, J.G. Jones, Bill Sienkiewicz, and Jock, the map of the ‘Verse, and the Blank Sketch Variant!
- BOX SET EXCLUSIVE variant from Tula Lotay!
- Firefly Legacy Edition Book One, with a BOX SET EXCLUSIVE variant cover from Rahzzah!
- BOX SET EXCLUSIVE Firefly print from Dylan Todd, some of which will be signed by Joss Whedon!
- Packaged in a collectible box!
- Limited to 1,000 units!